There is not much that is more frustrating than a Slow Internet Connection.
Having a slow internet always seems to happen when you need to get something done right away. Keep in mind there are many components that all have to work correctly for you to avoid a slow internet connection:
- your computer
- your modem
- the cabling in your home
- the cabling in the street
- your internet service providers equipment
- the server that is hosting the website your trying to view
Slow Internet Connection issues can be caused by quite a few different things. We’ll talk about the most common ones here:
1. Viruses or Malware are the most common cause of a slow internet connection. Even if you’re running the most updated Anti-Virus software sometimes viruses can still get through for more information about viruses see our Virus Removal page.
2. Your computer may need a tune up. If you haven’t had regular tune-ups done to your machine a few simple cleaning procedures from one of our techs may be all that’s needed. Computers get bogged down with information that needs to be cleaned up just like anything else in life. Many people overlook these simple tune-ups and they can really help avoid a slow internet.
3. You may be using old or outdated networking equipment. The internet, just like computers, is always being updated and added to. If you’re not using fairly recent networking equipment in your home as well as a newer modem to connect to your internet service provider then you could be missing out on speeds that you’re paying monthly for. A quick diagnosis from one of our technicians will determine which piece of equipment is slowing down your internet connection. Changing out the equipment is no problem for our techs either.
4. Broken Equipment. Nothing lasts forever and that goes for technology too. Typically a wireless internet router in a clean dry cool environment will last up to 4 or 5 years. Usually it is outdated before failing. Sometimes though other factors such as power surges or cabinet heat can reduce the lifespan of a piece of equipment. In some cases it will just fail but in many it will just start to perform slowly. It can be very frustrating for someone without the training to troubleshoot slow internet connections. Our techs are thoroughly trained in testing and replacing faulty equipment.
5. Outages. Sometimes your internet service provider will have problems with their equipment. Unfortunately many providers are quick to write off the customer because they are not experts in troubleshooting internet issues. So the provider may very well be providing slow internet and they do not even know about it. We have helped many clients in these cases acting as a consultant between you and your internet provider explaining exactly why the internet provider has slow running condition and what needs to be resolved so you can enjoy the internet as intended. Getting through all the different levels of tech support can be frustrating if you’re not sure how to describe the problem with your slow internet. Many of our techs have worked for the local internet providers and fully understand their systems. Let us handle their tech support we can make sure they understand the situation fully.
We hope this helps you understand some of the common issues we see every day when it comes to slow internet issues. As always give us a call with any questions we are glad to help. Thank You.